This series of 12 A-level sociology revision webinars to cover
the entire two year A-level sociology specification (AQA) including
exam technique for the various question formats on the three AQA
A-level sociology exam papers (7192/1, 7192/2 and 7193/3).
The webinars are initially scheduled for 19.00 every
Thursday, switching to Monday closer to the exams and will run from
Thursday 26th March l to Monday 10thJune, 2 days
before the final exam (crime and deviance with theory and methods).
Webinars are scheduled early so that we can get through the entire
specification BEFORE the first paper (on May 22nd).
- Thursday 26th March – Education 1
- Thursday 2nd April – Education 2
- Thursday 9th April – Families and Households 1
- Thursday 16th April – Beliefs in Society
- Thursday 3rd April – Crime and Deviance 1
- Thursday 30th April – Crime and Deviance
- Thursday 7th May – Research Methods
- Thursday 14th May – Social Theories
- Saturday 16th May – Education and Theory and Methods
3 (exam on 18th May)
- Monday 25th May – Request webinar, content TBC
- Monday 3rd June – Families and Beliefs 2 (exam on
- Monday 10th June – Crime and Deviance with Theory
and Methods 3 (Exam on 10thJune).
All of these webinars will last 50 minutes during which I will
provide a brief overview of some of the content within each topic,
and a discussion of at least three specific exam practice
questions. Students will be able to ask questions during the
Webinar, via text, and there will also be time for students to ask
questions at the end.
Click Meeting allows students to download support materials in
advance of the seminars, ask questions during the seminars via
‘chat’, and which will also allow students to review the seminar
afterwards as they will be recorded and stored on the site.
Recordings will be available until the 16th of June
(several days after the final A-level sociology exam).
Webinar Support materials
The webinar package comes with SIX of my Revision Bundles as
support materials which support the first 8/12 Webinars. These will
be downloadable at least one hour in advance of the relevant
The six revision bundles consist of
- revision notes
- mind maps
- a practice exam questions booklet.
- A few other bits and pieces such as revision diagrams!